Click here: On-line reservations
Colerain Township Parks and Services Division has many shelters for you to choose from for your next picnic! We have four shelters available to rent at Colerain Park, three shelters at Clippard Park, and one shelter at Heritage Park.
In addition to the shelters that can be reserved, Colerain Parks also has two shelters that are available on a first come first served basis, one shelter at Groesbeck Park and one at the Obergiesing Soccer Complex at Dravo Park.
Dates & Fees
Shelters are available to rent 7 days a week from April 15 through October 15.
|Reservation Type||Beginning Date||Fee|
|Resident||365 Days in Advance||$135|
|Non-Resident||365 Days in Advance||$225|
Procedures & Regulations
- Reservations for the season will be available 1 year in advance. Shelter reservations can be made online. Residents may also make reservations in person at the Township Administration Offices, 4200 Springdale Road, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. only.
- No telephone reservations or mail-in requests accepted.
- Colerain Township only rents the sheltered areas and ball fields at each park and amphitheater at Colerain Park. The parks, all play structures and equipment are open to the public - that includes features that are adjacent to some of the shelters such as horseshoe pits, volleyball court, corn hole, sprayground, etc. Only the shelter you have rented is limited to your own use.
- The number of tables at each shelter listed is not guaranteed.
- The parks are open from dawn until dusk. Your shelter rental is for the entire day. We do not split days. The parks are closed from dusk until dawn. Shelter must be vacated by dark.
- Applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age and in attendance during reservation period and responsible for the group and condition of the area after the group has left the premises.
- Reservations available daily, April 15 through October 15. Township sponsored activities have priority in the scheduling of shelters.
- Confirmation of reservation and payment with cash, check or credit card (extra 3% fee for in-office credit transactions), on a first come, first served basis. Reservation fee is $135 for residents and $225 for non-residents.
- Refunds are available for cancellations made 10 days prior to reservation only. Rental refunds for those who are eligible to receive the same can expect the refund within six (6) weeks. An applicant may reschedule their date if prior notice is given; the new date must be within the same calendar year. No refunds given for inclement weather.
- No glass containers. Alcohol consumption under reserved shelter area only. Alcohol is not permitted in the park except in the reserved areas.
- No bounce houses. Inflatable play equipment, tents and pop-up canopies are not allowed.
- No DJs are permitted. Noise generated from the shelter area is not to be plainly audible 80 feet from the shelter per Colerain Township Board of Trustees Resolution Number 9-03.
- General clean-up is the responsibility of the applicant. The Applicant is responsible for leaving the area in a safe, clean and orderly condition. The organization/applicant holding the signed permit is liable for all damages to plants, trees, park grounds and park property resulting from the permit holder’s use of the park. No staples, duct tape, nails, or adhesives that will leave permanent residue or damage may be used to attach any items to the shelters or picnic tables. Tape may be used, however, all tape must be removed at the end of the applicant’s rental period.
- All Colerain Township Parks and Services Park Rules and Regulations must be followed. Failure to do so may result in the termination of occupancy at anytime without a refund. The Colerain Township Parks and Services Department reserves the right to deny a future reservation due to violations of park rules and regulations.
- The Board of Trustees shall have the authority to modify shelter usage rules and regulations as needed and they shall have the authority to waive or modify any fees associated with the use of park shelters.
Should you have any additional questions, please call 513-385-7500, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.